Your one stop thread for all things off topic (aka "Study Buddy II")

Options

Comments

• *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Thanks all!

Well, the cat seems to have a sick spell at the moment, feeling ill, so it's probably just to hot for her...

The skirt is lying in the closet on top of the sewing machine at the moment, I picked up some lovely silk for the dress and started on that one now, which is coming along quite nicely.

Glad to hear your dress is doing well :) Hope your cats better soon
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Well, the cat is still too fat and too hot. You can give her a fuss and she'll enjoy it, but it's literally handfulls of hair that come loose at the moment, so it's grooming each day, which she seems to enjoy sometimes.

The travellers have left now, they burned one bush and left a whole lot of garbage lying around. Apparently they lso put a tab in the watersupply from one of the companies on the estate, but the company didn't dare to complain to them.

The garbage has been cleaned up this morning by someone from the landlord and I'm not sure if they want to replace the bush or just remove it, but we'll see. I'm quite glad it was just for one day in the end, but apparently one of the vans broke down and they wanted to wait with the whole group until it was fixed.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Well, the cat is still too fat and too hot.

She's not the only one!
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    not seen Fight Club either? Brad Pit does rather a good impression.

ooohhhhh I love fight club. . . . . .

god the heat must be getting to my brain....

I meant Snatch.....lol but both are good films!
  • kerryhill100
    kerryhill100 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options

god the heat must be getting to my brain....

I meant Snatch.....lol but both are good films!

I thought so but thought I'd play dumb lol.

I love snatch too but see more flesh in fight club. . . . lol
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    First post on the off topic forum today, you lazy asses... ;-)
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I've just been reading the Steve/beverley item and found it came to an abrupt end. I'm sorry, Adam, but I think that, as a moderator, you are a bit heavy handed, especially when one considers the posts that have been on the forum over the last few years!!
  • blobbyh
    Options
    I've seen various threads removed over the last few years but never one where the thread has been locked but allowed to remain.

I'm not surprised with the locking down as I, like others, thought Beverley was unjustified in her criticisms, bit off far more than she could chew and has clearly complained to the admins hence the action, however it was in danger of getting out of hand. I guess though that it's better than full on removal but do wonder that if it didn't have posts from Sandy and Steve in there, whether it would have gone completely?

You wouldn't think an accountancy forum could be so controversial would you, but if people write inflammatory remarks they must accept they might get burnt?!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    personally i was getting bored with that post.

And hey its friday woooohooooo and i have internet back at work
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    it is friday whooohooo

i'd wish our manager would let us go home early today ...our outlook is not working therefore we cannot send or receive any emails so we can do much work to be honest....
  • Rinske
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    personally i was getting bored with that post.

And hey its friday woooohooooo and i have internet back at work
    woohoo Friday and internet at work!
    That's the best combination if you have to sit at work anyways....
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I have to say i reported as i think Beverly should be thrown off as she was upsetting too many people and not contributing anything useful over her time on here. All she done was put others down and put herslf on a pedistal which was followed by incorrect information.

She made me that angry. grrrrr
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I still don't bloody know who she works for!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I have to say i reported as i think Beverly should be thrown off as she was upsetting too many people and not contributing anything useful over her time on here. All she done was put others down and put herslf on a pedistal which was followed by incorrect information.

She made me that angry. grrrrr

yeah I reported one of her posts too. Thought she was being right out of order!
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    You do have to wonder if she is actually a tutor. I had a look back through some old posts and nearly every time she gave an answer it was actually wrong! Can't imagine either why she wouldn't want to say who she was with - it's really very odd!
  • blobbyh
    Options
    I've never reported anyone, though I feel other people have done me several times...!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    I've never reported anyone, though I feel other people have done me several times...!

But robert AAT know you all to well :)
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Anyone seen the competition on GMTV this week? I **** you not.

"How many grams are there in a kilogram?"

Bit of a toughie seeing as it's never been taught in schools (apparently). I even tried Googling it but no luck there either... Anyone?
  • Rinske
    Options
    Competition / GMTV?

Could you explain this to me in English? It's too complicated. And I am assuming that was the answer from a candidate and that you know the basic idea of gram and kilogram?

I'm confused! :confused:
  • CJC
    Options
    The easier the question the more idiots are going to call in and the more money the TV company makes. They wouldn't bother with a question at all except that they're not allowed in law to run competitions run on pure chance.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Now I know how I got slapped down yesterday for posting about Beverley I didnt realise all the posts being removed etc was going on till I read this thread just now.....................howd I miss all that then? :lol:
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Fancy a quick stab at the answer then Chris, in keeping with the spirit of me specifically mentioning this question?
  • CJC
    Options
    Multiple choice?

a) 1 Million
    b) 1000
    c) 0

It's a total guess but I'd go for b.
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Yes, but please imagaine you're under AAT exam conditions so have another guess?
  • CJC
    Options
    It's not fair, waaaaaah!
  • blobbyh
    Options
    CORRECT!!! Now compound your sheer stupidity by blaming everyone else but yourself for not paying attention when this was taught a hundred times at infant school...
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    OK just you all ignore me and carry on with your competition I don't care!!!!!!:mad:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    OK just you all ignore me and carry on with your competition I don't care!!!!!!

Who said that ???? :lol:
  • Rinske
    Options
    Isn't it nice to be volunteered for things at work without even knowing anything about it yourself?

Somehow it was decided that I got to make the correction bookings for 3 1/2 month's of daily postings. I didn't know this up until today, because my manager decided I would have to do it and someone else decided I didn't have time for it for a while...

Nowhere in the line, I was asked if I would mind doing it or if I could put some time aside for it...

I don't mind doing it (another one of those horrible boring jobs, but it got to be done, so it might as well be me), but I would have appreciated a question if I would mind and if I thought I would have time for it...
  • blobbyh
    Options
    If it was a question where you would have had a choice then I can understand your frustration but if you had no choice, then you don't really need to be asked! You sell your time and services to your employer for which they pay you, therefore within reason, you're theirs to do with what they want!

Now be a good employee and go and put the kettle on...

(Just kidding before people get all het up...)
Privacy Policy