MAC - June 2010

Options

Comments

• faith26
    faith26 Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I took into for the waste and I showed it on a sept line and put a note on the side stating it had no value.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    i treated as actual units but as for the rest of 2.2 total mess hey ho
  • mickeymacca
    mickeymacca Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I did that too, thought it was quite a straight forward paper, although the gearing ratio nearly caught me out, I used the actual amounts for all of the ratios in 2.2, was relieved there was no writing in that part as I too was starting to get RSA with all the writtne work.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    how did people get on with the flexed budget? all i remember was sales of 6,900,000 fpr 23000 units
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    well did any body else noticed the answer of task 1.1 c and production requirement for D were same numbers
  • faith26
    faith26 Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    The only stuff i did not revise was flexed budgets did loads of exam papers it was not in one and I hope I bluffed my way though it.
  • umerali2003
    Options
    why they were 2 variances written part once we told the junior colleague there was no point explaning them again
  • A-Vic
    Options
    well did any body else noticed the answer of task 1.1 c and production requirement for D were same numbers

what the 500 for each month after? it stated that production would remain the same for the following month so it would have been the same opening and closing stock or so i thought?
  • sassyduell
    sassyduell Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Yes i noticed that, good sign i think
  • umerali2003
    Options
    sassyduell wrote: »
    Yes i noticed that, good sign i think
    i hope so plus we have to take the 20 or 25 % of production requirement in most of the past exam papers we take % of material required but luckily i read it in the paper
  • umerali2003
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    how did people get on with the flexed budget? all i remember was sales of 6,900,000 fpr 23000 units

yep 6900,000 exactly i got same
  • umerali2003
    Options
    any body got clue for task 2.2 never seen any messed up ratio question in the past papers
  • Faraa
    Faraa Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    any body got clue for task 2.2 never seen any messed up ratio question in the past papers
    2.2- was that the revised figures?
    I think Material was 10% less, so £144
    Labour stayed same
    Sales price £300
    can't remember much else...
    Revised GP was something about 82% and NP around 24%
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Faraa wrote: »
    Labour stayed same
    Sales price £300

these figures i reconise i might pick up a few points in 2.2 hopefully
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    2.2 b) Yep I got £144 for revised material. The revised GP and NP was for the figure not a percentage as it asked for the Revised gross profit not gross profit margin.

Loads of writing. I left after exactly 3 hours of solid writing. My arm feels like Mr Bean.
  • umerali2003
    Options
    that was 2.1 and 2.2 both

yea i got same as u on task 2.2 i) 10% less ii ) revised fixed cost per unit ?? iii) full production cost per unit iv) gross profit and net profit
  • clairet
    clairet Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    i did that and then crossed it out,
    I ended up revising the PandL based on 27000 units and redoing the sums
    I also gig GP Margin and NP Margin.
    How annoying!
  • Faraa
    Options
    2.2 b) Yep I got £144 for revised material. The revised GP and NP was for the figure not a percentage as it asked for the Revised gross profit not gross profit margin.

Loads of writing. I left after exactly 3 hours of solid writing. My arm feels like Mr Bean.
    ooh, bummer, I'm sure I read 'revised Gross Profit Margin'...
    Yes, I needed 3 hours. The reports and notes to write were a lot... but all in all not a bad paper. Now its time to revise for DFS...
  • umerali2003
    Options
    did any body else get funny numbers when calculating task 2.2 cost per units like 171 etc etc
  • Faraa
    Options
    that was 2.1 and 2.2 both

yea i got same as u on task 2.2 i) 10% less ii ) revised fixed cost per unit ?? iii) full production cost per unit iv) gross profit and net profit
    I made a mess on that one, I tried to redo the variable costs to come up with the fixed cost but this didn't work so I left it.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    yep 171.

I wrote and woffled a lot for the notes to joiunor, and report to director i seem to keep going back to TQM and recommended if they were going to continue to use cheap materials and labour that they would need quality control manager otherwise they could end up with more wastage and returns - did i go to deep?
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Sorry it definately says 2.2 b iv and v The revised Gross proft and net profit.
    They said we could take the exam paper so I have it infront of me.
  • umerali2003
    Options
    did any body else included the two costs that were after the production cost to calculate full production cost ?
  • mickeymacca
    mickeymacca Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I think the fixed costs it meant were the electrcity, Depreciation and other production costs.
  • umerali2003
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    yep 171.

I wrote and woffled a lot for the notes to joiunor, and report to director i seem to keep going back to TQM and recommended if they were going to continue to use cheap materials and labour that they would need quality control manager otherwise they could end up with more wastage and returns - did i go to deep?

yea i almost wrote the same things in detail because the question it self demanded 60 mintues so i thought examiner require more
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    They said we could take the exam paper so I have it infront of me.

I didn't think you could take exam papers away?
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Faraa
    Options
    My Gross profit was different I don't think it was as high as 82%, are you sure you did n't use the cost of production figure against the turnover rather than deducting the new cost of production figure from the turnover to give the GP and then using that figure against the Turnover?
    Oh, another bummer... yes, you're right, didn't deduct it from Turnover...
  • Mog17
    Mog17 Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Faraa wrote: »
    Labour stayed same
    Sales price £300

Oh crap, did they ask for revised gross profit and net profit margins? I thought it was just the absolute figures not the ratios they wanted there!!! Bugger! There goes a couple of points for me!
  • umerali2003
    Options
    need bit of luck in task 2 both A and B apart from that did fairly well and have done enough writing to convince i know variance analysis well
  • jojo1966
    jojo1966 Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    go on then.....how do you calculate raw material turnover??

cant find it in my book
Privacy Policy