Options
124»

Comments

• jojo1966
    jojo1966 Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    clairet wrote: »
    I did different to everyone.
    They said it was 1 square per unit. I thought the 14 or 16sq metres was irrelevant.
    So the quantity of squares was the same as production units.
    Then i worked out opening and closing of material.
    Then multiplied the squares by £50 each.
    Fingers crossed - am i the only one that did that??

no - i did that too - there was no request for the number of square METRES needed, it just said squares, and each square would have done 1 mat,
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Mog17 wrote: »
    Yes mine were too! That gave me hope I'd done it right!
    s

u know i am just worried about task 2.2 and the thing bothering me is dat i didnt show enough working as well .... if i get few marks on task 2.2 then i did good enough on variance part to get a pass on section 2
  • clairet
    clairet Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    jojo1966 wrote: »
    no - i did that too - there was no request for the number of square METRES needed, it just said squares, and each square would have done 1 mat,
    phew! thank you
  • Mog17
    Mog17 Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    They said it was 1 square per unit. I thought the 14 or 16sq metres was irrelevant.

hahaha! Think you probably had the right idea! I think I made it 100 times more complicated than it needed to be! You're right, it was one square per unit of production, then all the opening and closing stock bit. I knew I was in a complete spin out then! Thankfully I did cotton on at the end having done lines and lines of workings, and converted my useless sq metres calculations back into squares!
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options

This is how I calculated it too, by squares not square meters.

I drew the squares out on the exam question paper so I could satisfy my head that I it was the right way to go (as I thought anyway)
  • C2XVT
    C2XVT Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hmm that 1.1 did have me stumped.

I multiplied the production requirement by 12, then divided this by 16 to give me the amount of squares required, and my figures didnt match with the varience table they had in the paper, which means that was definately wrong?
  • Mog17
    Options
    This is how I calculated it too, by squares not square meters.

If only I'd been switched on I'd have saved myself half an hour and a total panic! oh well, at least I put the right answer down in the end!
  • embica
    embica Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    C2XVT wrote: »

I multiplied the production requirement by 12, then divided this by 16 to give me the amount of squares required, and my figures didnt match with the varience table they had in the paper, which means that was definately wrong?

I did that too!
  • mickeymacca
    mickeymacca Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options

I did exactly the same, thought it was a bit unnecesary to mention the wastage if it had no value
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Mog17 wrote: »
    If only I'd been switched on I'd have saved myself half an hour and a total panic! oh well, at least I put the right answer down in the end!

I did panic aswell - really threw me, so I drew it out!
  • Mog17
    Options
    I did panic aswell - really threw me, so I drew it out!

hahaha! I do think it was mean of them banging on about 12 sq mts, then that it came in 16 sq mtr squares etc when actually none of that information was really needed! Very cruel for question one of the morning of the first exam day this season!
  • umerali2003
    Options
    i didnt do any thing with it i took 16 and multiplied it with production requirement to give me the figure of material required than adjusted the opening and a closing stock and than multiply with cost per sq/m to give me the material requirement in £
  • umerali2003
    Options
    have a good evening every one thats the longest time i have ever spent on aat forums ..Good luck every one c ya around august !!! 1356 views in 2 hrs and 102 replies Unit 33 is really rocking big time !!!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    have a good evening every one thats the longest time i have ever spent on aat forums ..Good luck every one c ya around august !!! 1356 views in 2 hrs and 102 replies Unit 33 is really rocking big time !!!

Good luck for results :)
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options

i put sqm then changed my mind and didnt use it
  • Primble
    Options
    C2XVT wrote: »

thats how i was going to do it but thought it would confuse me
  • Chris B
    Chris B Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    anyone know how many marks required to pass this paper?

Or even how this paper gets marked?
  • Primble
    Options
    Chris B wrote: »
    anyone know how many marks required to pass this paper?

Or even how this paper gets marked?

its hard to say. theres no set way. i've heard it has something to with the survey about exams but dunno where they are
  • Chris B
    Chris B Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Primble wrote: »
    its hard to say. theres no set way. i've heard it has something to with the survey about exams but dunno where they are

thanks, I just wasnt sure whether we need to get to (or, in my case scramble) a certain percentage for the paper - or for the two sections of paper IE 75% to pass section 1 and 65% to pass section 2.

Or if its based on passing each question, so if theres 50 marks available for the budget question, then you need to get 35 or so of the marks to pass it,

Or if you can by accumulation, clock up say 45+ in that one then so many more from the next question etc. until you reach the 'pass' mark for the paper

As you can probably guess im having a bit of a panic!!!
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Stop panicking! It's over, you can't change it anymore.

You need to pass both sections, but how you scramble your points in each section doesn't matter, as long as you get the pass mark for that section.
  • Primble
    Options
    Chris B wrote: »
    thanks, I just wasnt sure whether we need to get to (or, in my case scramble) a certain percentage for the paper - or for the two sections of paper IE 75% to pass section 1 and 65% to pass section 2.

Or if its based on passing each question, so if theres 50 marks available for the budget question, then you need to get 35 or so of the marks to pass it,

Or if you can by accumulation, clock up say 45+ in that one then so many more from the next question etc. until you reach the 'pass' mark for the paper

As you can probably guess im having a bit of a panic!!!

we all panic. if only marking would be that simple. i wouldnt worry too much as even if you knew how many marks were required we wouldnt know how they would be allocated on each question
  • umerali2003
    Options
    There is no exact passing rate of AAT thats for sure but i think in this Mac paper the passing criteria of section 2 will be bit lower as compared to section 1 because lot of candidates struggled on task 2.2 including my self
Privacy Policy