The Good Old Way

jewels.pjewels.p Font Of All KnowledgeRegistered Posts: 1,774
I dont get on here much now but when I do everyone seems to be doing different things. Whereas before there were three levels and everyone on each level was generally doing the same subjects and at the same bits at the same time. I have no idea what is going on now when I look and am so glad I did my three levels the old way!...................by the way any Scots that have not long joined beware of Blobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
«1

Comments

  • anniemanniem Experienced Mentor Pewsey, WiltshireRegistered Posts: 1,325
    jewels.p wrote: »
    ................by the way any Scots that have not long joined beware of Blobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    That's not nice Jewels. The man is a legend in his own lifetime ..... or he very soon will be - well that's if you listen to all he has to say about himself :lol:

    We loves ya Blobby *MWAH*
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Lou1234Lou1234 Well-Known Registered Posts: 210
    Yes!

    It felt very strange when discussing the exams back in December as there used to be so many people discussing it and not so many this time round.

    Same as exam results day. There are quite a few new threads around about exam results now as everyone has different results days.

    I need to get back to studying for my DFS resit! I want to pass it the paper way!
  • katsutlieffkatsutlieff Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 459
    Jewels I feel much the same way. The whole feel of the boards seem to have changed with the new CBE's. As a distance learner before the changeover I knew there were students on here working towards the same exam in June/December now everyone seems to be doing different units at different times.

    I know I'm doing it alone, but this way I feel even more on my own than before
  • taskeytaskey Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,800
    same as how i feel too, there are still the "old face" throughout, but the forum does not seem as much together as it used to.

    oh well, only 2 more sims to do then out in the even more lonely world of CIMA

    Tracy
  • PGMPGM Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,954
    jewels.p wrote: »
    I dont get on here much now but when I do everyone seems to be doing different things. Whereas before there were three levels and everyone on each level was generally doing the same subjects and at the same bits at the same time. I have no idea what is going on now when I look and am so glad I did my three levels the old way!...................by the way any Scots that have not long joined beware of Blobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Is this because of the new computerised exams? Can they be sat more often that the paper exams?

    There does seem to be a lack of threads for specific exams....
  • jiltjilt Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,903
    Yeah I've recently realised I haven't a clue which unit students are discussing lately. For example what's FNPF, BGT, FNST??

    And with quite a few of the people familiar to me gone it's a bit like a whole new forum.
  • BudgieBudgie Feels At Home Registered Posts: 56
    I agree with any course there's more mutual support and comradery when people are studying the same thing at the same time. A big downside of flexible distance learning!
    jewels.p wrote: »
    by the way any Scots that have not long joined beware of Blobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    lol! Not afraid of any Blob! :)
  • WoooofWoooof Well-Known Registered Posts: 174
    jilt wrote: »
    Yeah I've recently realised I haven't a clue which unit students are discussing lately. For example what's FNPF, BGT, FNST??

    And with quite a few of the people familiar to me gone it's a bit like a whole new forum.

    FNPF - FiNancial PerFormance
    BGT - BudGeTing
    FNST - FiNancial StaTements

    And CBE's can be took at any time :(
  • PGMPGM Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,954
    Is that abbreviations simplified?! :D
  • jiltjilt Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,903
    Woooof wrote: »
    FNPF - FiNancial PerFormance
    BGT - BudGeTing
    FNST - FiNancial StaTements

    And CBE's can be took at any time :(

    Thanks Woooof.

    So I suppose FNPF was FRA? BGT was ECR or MAC or whatever the NVQ route called them, and FNST was DFS.

    Leave things alone I say, if it's not broken don't fix it! lol
  • WoooofWoooof Well-Known Registered Posts: 174
    jilt wrote: »
    Thanks Woooof.

    So I suppose FNPF was FRA? BGT was ECR or MAC or whatever the NVQ route called them, and FNST was DFS.

    Leave things alone I say, if it's not broken don't fix it! lol

    From what I know:

    FNST = DFS
    FNPF = PEV
    BGT = PCR
  • PGMPGM Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,954
    jilt wrote: »
    Leave things alone I say, if it's not broken don't fix it! lol

    Indeed, when someone asks for help, we've no idea what subject it is now....
  • jiltjilt Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,903
    Woooof wrote: »
    From what I know:

    FNST = DFS
    FNPF = PEV
    BGT = PCR

    Ah yes never could get to grips with the different names between NVQ and Diploma.
    PGM wrote: »
    Indeed, when someone asks for help, we've no idea what subject it is now....

    Exactly!
  • AK002AK002 Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,492
    Handed my notice in today.. in a months time I'll be posting from LANDAN....
  • jiltjilt Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,903
    AK002 wrote: »
    Handed my notice in today.. in a months time I'll be posting from LANDAN....

    And a southerner you'll be lol
  • anniemanniem Experienced Mentor Pewsey, WiltshireRegistered Posts: 1,325
    AK002 wrote: »
    Handed my notice in today.. in a months time I'll be posting from LANDAN....

    Well done. Hope you're still excited about it and not feeling too anxious!

    Funny; now that a Scottish Members Forum has been created specially for you and you're leaving!!!!! :lol:
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • PAMDILLPAMDILL Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 713
    AK002 wrote: »
    Handed my notice in today.. in a months time I'll be posting from LANDAN....

    Good luck in your new position
  • jewels.pjewels.p Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,774
    PGM wrote: »
    Indeed, when someone asks for help, we've no idea what subject it is now....

    Thats exactly how I feel. I have no idea what anything means anymore.
  • jewels.pjewels.p Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,774
    AK002 wrote: »
    Handed my notice in today.. in a months time I'll be posting from LANDAN....

    So are you now with the opposition AK or are you still flying the Scottish Flag down there for us?
  • rachy1975rachy1975 Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 366
    taskey wrote: »
    same as how i feel too, there are still the "old face" throughout, but the forum does not seem as much together as it used to.

    oh well, only 2 more sims to do then out in the even more lonely world of CIMA

    Tracy

    Ive just registered with CIMA...youre not on your own :-)
  • RinskeRinske Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,453
    rachy1975 wrote: »
    Ive just registered with CIMA...youre not on your own :-)
    It's a lonely world it seems, the groups don't really help much and the forums, well, not much useful going on there.

    Luckily we got the further studies from the AAT now, so we can stay in touch and share useful tips there!
  • A-VicA-Vic Expertise Guaranteed Registered Posts: 6,970
    what about little old me that is taking time off from study :( and cant use the internet at work.


    Bahhhh i miss my forum fix

    (p.s ello yall)
  • jiltjilt Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,903
    A-Vic wrote: »
    what about little old me that is taking time off from study and cant use the internet at work.


    Bahhhh i miss my forum fix

    (p.s ello yall)

    Hello, are you a newbie? :lol:
  • MargaMarga Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 981
    she is mine now Jewels.....another one that comes down south :p
  • blobbyhblobbyh Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,415
    @ AK: Now you can experience first hand the crushing disappointment of what it's like to be an England football supporter. Come next year and Euro 2012, you'll witness the building hopes for our national team followed by the shockingly quick realisation that we are, always have been (bar 1966) and always will be, complete shite.

    Still, at least you'll get to see what competitive league footy is following the Rangers-Celtic monopoly that Scotland has been suffering for the last umpteen decades.
  • jewels.pjewels.p Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,774
    Marga wrote: »
    she is mine now Jewels.....another one that comes down south :p

    She was a he when he left Scotland Marga............................so that just tells you what happens to normal people when they move south of the Border lol................ so what have you got to say about that Blobby?
  • blobbyhblobbyh Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,415
    jewels.p wrote: »
    What happens to normal people when they move south of the Border

    Bet he can't wait 'til we introduce him to using a knife and fork and how real men wear trousers.
  • CJCCJC Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,657
    jewels.p wrote: »
    She was a he when he left Scotland Marga............................so that just tells you what happens to normal people when they move south of the Border lol................ so what have you got to say about that Blobby?

    Plucked her eyebrows on the way
    Shaved her legs and then he was a she
  • AK002AK002 Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,492
    LOL!

    I'm still in Scotland therefore still a guy... so far!!
  • jewels.pjewels.p Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,774
    That could all change AK..........................remember they are all strange down there! :laugh:

    Just make sure you wear a pretty frock wi a floor in yir hair and you will do us prood!
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.