The Good Old Way

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I dont get on here much now but when I do everyone seems to be doing different things. Whereas before there were three levels and everyone on each level was generally doing the same subjects and at the same bits at the same time. I have no idea what is going on now when I look and am so glad I did my three levels the old way!...................by the way any Scots that have not long joined beware of Blobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ยซ1

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    ................by the way any Scots that have not long joined beware of Blobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not nice Jewels. The man is a legend in his own lifetime ..... or he very soon will be - well that's if you listen to all he has to say about himself :lol:

We loves ya Blobby *MWAH*
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Yes!

It felt very strange when discussing the exams back in December as there used to be so many people discussing it and not so many this time round.

Same as exam results day. There are quite a few new threads around about exam results now as everyone has different results days.

I need to get back to studying for my DFS resit! I want to pass it the paper way!
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Jewels I feel much the same way. The whole feel of the boards seem to have changed with the new CBE's. As a distance learner before the changeover I knew there were students on here working towards the same exam in June/December now everyone seems to be doing different units at different times.

I know I'm doing it alone, but this way I feel even more on my own than before
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    same as how i feel too, there are still the "old face" throughout, but the forum does not seem as much together as it used to.

oh well, only 2 more sims to do then out in the even more lonely world of CIMA

Tracy
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I dont get on here much now but when I do everyone seems to be doing different things. Whereas before there were three levels and everyone on each level was generally doing the same subjects and at the same bits at the same time. I have no idea what is going on now when I look and am so glad I did my three levels the old way!...................by the way any Scots that have not long joined beware of Blobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this because of the new computerised exams? Can they be sat more often that the paper exams?

There does seem to be a lack of threads for specific exams....
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Yeah I've recently realised I haven't a clue which unit students are discussing lately. For example what's FNPF, BGT, FNST??

And with quite a few of the people familiar to me gone it's a bit like a whole new forum.
  • Budgie
    Budgie Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor โญ
    I agree with any course there's more mutual support and comradery when people are studying the same thing at the same time. A big downside of flexible distance learning!
    by the way any Scots that have not long joined beware of Blobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol! Not afraid of any Blob! :)
  • Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    jilt wrote: ยป
    Yeah I've recently realised I haven't a clue which unit students are discussing lately. For example what's FNPF, BGT, FNST??

And with quite a few of the people familiar to me gone it's a bit like a whole new forum.

FNPF - FiNancial PerFormance
    BGT - BudGeTing
    FNST - FiNancial StaTements

And CBE's can be took at any time :(
  • PGM
    Is that abbreviations simplified?! :D
  • jilt
    Woooof wrote: ยป
    FNPF - FiNancial PerFormance
    BGT - BudGeTing
    FNST - FiNancial StaTements

And CBE's can be took at any time :(

Thanks Woooof.

So I suppose FNPF was FRA? BGT was ECR or MAC or whatever the NVQ route called them, and FNST was DFS.

Leave things alone I say, if it's not broken don't fix it! lol
  • Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Thanks Woooof.

So I suppose FNPF was FRA? BGT was ECR or MAC or whatever the NVQ route called them, and FNST was DFS.

From what I know:

FNST = DFS
    FNPF = PEV
    BGT = PCR
  • PGM

Indeed, when someone asks for help, we've no idea what subject it is now....
  • jilt
    Woooof wrote: ยป
    From what I know:

FNST = DFS
    FNPF = PEV
    BGT = PCR

Ah yes never could get to grips with the different names between NVQ and Diploma.
    PGM wrote: ยป

Exactly!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Handed my notice in today.. in a months time I'll be posting from LANDAN....
  • jilt
    AK002 wrote: ยป

And a southerner you'll be lol
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

Well done. Hope you're still excited about it and not feeling too anxious!

Funny; now that a Scottish Members Forum has been created specially for you and you're leaving!!!!! :lol:
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜

Good luck in your new position
  • jewels.p
    PGM wrote: ยป

Thats exactly how I feel. I have no idea what anything means anymore.
  • jewels.p

So are you now with the opposition AK or are you still flying the Scottish Flag down there for us?
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    taskey wrote: ยป
    same as how i feel too, there are still the "old face" throughout, but the forum does not seem as much together as it used to.

oh well, only 2 more sims to do then out in the even more lonely world of CIMA

Tracy

Ive just registered with CIMA...youre not on your own :-)
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Ive just registered with CIMA...youre not on your own :-)
    It's a lonely world it seems, the groups don't really help much and the forums, well, not much useful going on there.

Luckily we got the further studies from the AAT now, so we can stay in touch and share useful tips there!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    what about little old me that is taking time off from study :( and cant use the internet at work.

Bahhhh i miss my forum fix

(p.s ello yall)
  • jilt
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    what about little old me that is taking time off from study and cant use the internet at work.

Bahhhh i miss my forum fix

(p.s ello yall)

Hello, are you a newbie? :lol:
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    she is mine now Jewels.....another one that comes down south :p
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    @ AK: Now you can experience first hand the crushing disappointment of what it's like to be an England football supporter. Come next year and Euro 2012, you'll witness the building hopes for our national team followed by the shockingly quick realisation that we are, always have been (bar 1966) and always will be, complete shite.

Still, at least you'll get to see what competitive league footy is following the Rangers-Celtic monopoly that Scotland has been suffering for the last umpteen decades.
  • jewels.p
    Marga wrote: ยป
    she is mine now Jewels.....another one that comes down south :p

She was a he when he left Scotland Marga............................so that just tells you what happens to normal people when they move south of the Border lol................ so what have you got to say about that Blobby?
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    What happens to normal people when they move south of the Border

Bet he can't wait 'til we introduce him to using a knife and fork and how real men wear trousers.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    She was a he when he left Scotland Marga............................so that just tells you what happens to normal people when they move south of the Border lol................ so what have you got to say about that Blobby?

Plucked her eyebrows on the way
    Shaved her legs and then he was a she
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    LOL!

I'm still in Scotland therefore still a guy... so far!!
  • jewels.p
    That could all change AK..........................remember they are all strange down there! :laugh:

Just make sure you wear a pretty frock wi a floor in yir hair and you will do us prood!
Privacy Policy