Management Accounting: Decision and Control (AQ2016) Exam

Options

Comments

• ELH25o
    ELH25o Registered Posts: 4
    Options
    I really feel a bit cheated lol, they clearly screw up the exam, put us through the stress of one review and then decide they havent messed us around quite enough then the stress of a second review and then to miss it by 4%! if they had just done it right the first time!!!!

I studied so hard that if they had done it right the first time in sure i could have made up to a pass. :( i was doing well on all the sample material and the mocks.
  • Ree91
    Ree91 Registered Posts: 11
    Options
    Fingers crossed for everyone, mime has just moved from 67 to 77 and I'm now competent!!
  • NatalieSarantos
    NatalieSarantos Registered Posts: 150
    Options
    @Ree91 exactly the same as me, 67 to 77!! Sooooooooooo happy!!!
  • sharpy92
    sharpy92 Registered Posts: 52
    Options
    I have just had my results from this exam taken on the 28th February with a result of 87%, not sure if I would have only had 77% before the new percentages with but a pass is a pass anyway!
  • andymeadows66
    andymeadows66 Registered Posts: 3
    Options
    Just got mine now changed from 69% to 79% so happy
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @andymeadows66 yay us!!!!
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @sharpy92 yes, they said the 10% was included in new results released. Well done you, that's an amazing result!
  • shane.w
    shane.w Registered Posts: 23 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    You might want to check your results. Mine got changed from 61% to 71%. :D
  • busydays
    busydays Registered Posts: 12
    Options
    Mine has just gone up from 85% to 91%, so not as much as some of yours but I'm still very pleased!
  • Ree91
    Ree91 Registered Posts: 11
    Options
    @NatalieSarantos it's amazing, massive weight! 2 exams left!
  • scamp83
    scamp83 Registered Posts: 86
    Options
    After 5 months of angst over this, I'm glad they eventually listened to us all and put things right :-) B)
  • ted_holmes
    ted_holmes Registered Posts: 14
    Options
    we're meant to be getting our results today. Does anybody know if the release time of the results is affected by the latest debacle?
  • scamp83
    Options
    @ted_holmes I took the Financial Statement exam exactly five weeks ago today; my results appeared today around 1pm.
  • ted_holmes
    Options
    yeah ours came in at lunch. I predictably failed with 56%.
    Early indications from the rest of my class show, only a couple have passed so far.
    Our group is a very clever one (too clever for me at times lol). so if a big chunk have still failed with the weakened pass rate etc, i think the AAT's pass rate for this, isn't going to improve that much.
    Time to revise for the resit!
  • scamp83
    Options
    I wish they would publish the pass rates for MDCL, it's just bizarre what has gone on. I can't wait to be finished with level 4, I'm finding this final year very stressful!
    I like your positive attitude @ted_holmes, good luck with your revision - I'm sure you'll get your pass next time :-)
  • sarah0202
    sarah0202 Registered Posts: 5
    Options
    Got my result on Thursday and failed. Trying to decide whether to appeal. This is the first one I've failed and felt like I was prepared having revised hard and passed all the green lights and sample assessments.
  • marialucas
    marialucas Registered Posts: 49
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm very very dissapointed. My first result was 56% therefore after the change it increased to 66%. Before they changed the scores, I did retake it.Today I got the result and was only 60%. What I don't understand is that I'm confident did much better in my second one and my score is lower! I have already appealed but doubt very much that my result will be changed to competent. I do not believe they have added the 10% in the resit one as they mentioned in the email , coz that would mean that I did much worse than the first one!
    Maria
  • summerbelle86
    summerbelle86 Registered Posts: 11
    Options
    I know that this has probably been asked elsewhere, but how long on average do the results take to be published? I understand that the recommended wait is 6 weeks, but other results have taken 5 weeks. It's 5 weeks plus 3 days since the D&C exam, interested to know everyone's average wait times or if there was a longer waiting time for D&C? Anything to stop checking constantly!!!
  • GeorgiaH
    GeorgiaH Registered Posts: 107
    Options
    I sat my decision control yesterday and has a question that come up which i have never seen before in any mocks! So i decided to search it online today and its actually an ACCA question! I can't find any solutions so does any body know how to work it out?

The trend in a companies sales figures can be described by the linear regression equation y = 780 + 4x, where x is the month number (with January 20X3 as month 0) and y is sales in thousands of pounds. The average seasonal variation for March is 106%.

Calculate the forecast sales for March 20X5 to the nearest £?

Thanks in advance
  • nala
    nala Registered Posts: 10
    edited April 2017
    Options
    > @GeorgiaH said:
    > I sat my decision control yesterday and has a question that come up which i have never seen before in any mocks! So i decided to search it online today and its actually an ACCA question! I can't find any solutions so does any body know how to work it out?
    >
    > The trend in a companies sales figures can be described by the linear regression equation y = 780 + 4x, where x is the month number (with January 20X3 as month 0) and y is sales in thousands of pounds. The average seasonal variation for March is 106%.
    >
    > Calculate the forecast sales for March 20X5 to the nearest £?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

Hello.

March 15 is month no 26.

Y=780 + 4x26
    Y=884

884x1.06= 937.04 ~ £937.000 or £937.040

This is my way to calculate it.
  • GeorgiaH
    Options
    Oh great i actually got it right then :) happy now ha ha thanks for your help @nala
  • ted_holmes
    Options
    GeorgiaH said:

I sat my decision control yesterday and has a question that come up which i have never seen before in any mocks! So i decided to search it online today and its actually an ACCA question! I can't find any solutions so does any body know how to work it out?

The trend in a companies sales figures can be described by the linear regression equation y = 780 + 4x, where x is the month number (with January 20X3 as month 0) and y is sales in thousands of pounds. The average seasonal variation for March is 106%.

Calculate the forecast sales for March 20X5 to the nearest £?

Thanks in advance

It could quite easily be an ACCA standard question.

We were told yesterday that AAT is NOT a stepping stone for ACCA. Which is fair enough.
    However, people who have taken both before, and my view on the course when i first started level 1 was the opposite. They and I had the impression that AAT was a level below ACCA. And even that to get onto ACCA i required AAT(misguided as that may be).
    The person's who i mentioned earlier that have taken both, also mentioned that the questions we were getting (especially for this exam) were of an ACCA quality.
    I happen to think that the standard of the AAT of this years new syllabus has been made tougher. Looking at work colleagues old study material/practice exams etc.
    Now in my particular workplace. For me to be promoted higher, i require ACCA. AAT i was informed by the workplace, was required to work up to ACCA. But as you only receive 3 exemption's for ACCA as a reward for completing AAT, that makes this qualification pretty much worthless to someone who works in my specific field.
    Especially if you did go on to do both qualifications, and you were paying to learn the same material twice.
    does anyone know if there is any communication between ACCA and AAT, if they apparently having nothing to do with each other?

• Yalda20
    Yalda20 Registered Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi all,
    I took this exam on the 25th of April and I felt the same was as you guys. This would be the first exam that I have failed in my life so unhappy with myself. Do you guys know if AAT is still giving out 10 marks or 10% uplift for students who have taken the exam recently? Thank you
  • AbbyCarr
    AbbyCarr Registered Posts: 157
    Options
    The increase will be added to your score before it is published
  • Yalda20
    Yalda20 Registered Posts: 77
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thank you AbbyCarr - to be honest I am sure it wont help me pass :(
  • Alicia84
    Alicia84 Registered Posts: 46
    Options
    Sorry, I'm confused. What was the issue? Why did they change peoples marks? I'm a distance learner and not heard of any 'issues'
  • AbbyCarr
    AbbyCarr Registered Posts: 157
    Options
    @Alicia84 Apparently the exams were not like the syllabus taught, and were not in the same format as the practice assessment that AAT had provided students with. Questions were apparently of a harder standard than students were expecting, and as a result the pass rate was significantly lower than that of the equivalent exam on AQ2013. In the initial review, they found a single question had caught students out, and amended student's scores who had that particular question. However, people continued to complain, which led to another review where marks were increased by 10% across the board. People still feel the resources available, that from AAT and other providers, do not adequately prepare them for the exam.

I personally did not have issue with my exam, and therefore it all came as a surprise to me.
  • Alicia84
    Alicia84 Registered Posts: 46
    Options
    @AbbyCarr ahhh ok. I'm still doing AQ2013 (I know ;-( ) just sat my Financial Statements exam and think I've failed so kinda hoped there was a chance 10% would get added! ha ha. Guess I'll just have to resit lol
  • GeorgiaH
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The 10% increase was only for the decision and control exam because of the issues @Alicia84 I dont think it would apply to any of the other exams unfortunately haha :)

Although i wish it was because i got 61% in my financial statements a couple of weeks ago :( gutted
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @alice84 they compared the exam this year to the one provided last year and found that it was much harder and so granted everyone 10%.
Privacy Policy