AAT Level 4 Synoptic Exam

Options

Comments

• Lindi
    Lindi Registered Posts: 166
    Options
    I suppose other advice would be go in with a fresh mind, relax, read the questions properly, think about what they would want to hear, and the age old fact, try not to get too practical, there doesn't seem to be much link between AAT and the real world because some of the decisions they expect will never happen in the real world in a million years.

I sat my exam at night, worst thing I could have done. After a long day at work and suffering from stress related migraines I was a bit of a mess already but I did find I was able to read the questions properly and did not rush through anything. Hopefully that contributed some way to my scraping through with my measly 73.

Good luck! B)
  • Cheesypeesy
    Cheesypeesy Registered Posts: 101
    Options
    Good advice. I hate the feeling that we have to be mind readers to pass this exam, instead of just applying the knowledge via straightforward questions.
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
    Currently on CIMA Management Level. Passed P2, F2 and E2. Preparing for November 19 MCS.
  • sharpy92
    sharpy92 Registered Posts: 52
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Robbie28 said:

Hi guys, does anyone know any key areas to revise for Tasks 2 and 4? Any advice would be brilliant.

Going off the AAT exams online and Kaplan sample assessments.

2 - Usually budget related, giving a budget and actual, I would suggest researching types of budgets (bottom-up, top-down etc) and how to flex a budget, with reasons why you would recommend flexing and recommendations for a better budget in future

4 - contribution, relevant costs or loss sheets have all be used as examples online. Usually Part A is working out a figure, Part B making a decision based on A and Part C explaining you reasons for A and B
  • Lindi
    Options
    Perfect
  • gagan
    gagan Registered Posts: 69
    Options
    Good luck everyone. I have passed all of my exams. :)
  • rabbia
    rabbia Registered Posts: 19
    Options
    Any one selling their Kaplan synoptic books plz let me know. If any one living near Manchester I happy to collect them. My email is aleenazoyauk@gmail.com
    Thankz
  • Cheesypeesy
    Options
    Just had my exam, felt it went well. Hopefully, the result will reflect that. 29th March can't come any sooner!
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
    Currently on CIMA Management Level. Passed P2, F2 and E2. Preparing for November 19 MCS.
  • lucym96
    lucym96 Registered Posts: 24
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Had mine today too! First time sitting it and was very nervous after reading this thread, questions were really cryptic as said before. Oh well nothing I can do now, just got to wait 6 weeks for results! Good luck everyone!
  • Mcalpin
    Mcalpin Registered Posts: 5
    Options
    I had mine yesterday as well. My first attempt also and found some of the questions tricky. I answered all of the questions however till now don't know if right or not. It's not something you can check in the book...
  • sharpy92
    Options
    How did everyone feel after the exam in February? I am literally counting down the minutes to the results! I feel it's my best attempt (previously failed with 64 then 65% but not getting my hopes up)
  • lucym96
    lucym96 Registered Posts: 24
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It was my first attempt, thought most of it was okay apart from one task which I really struggled with and had never heard of the content before! I’ve no idea how I’ve done though, hopefully a pass! I’m sure you’ve smashed it this time :3
  • Venoxulous
    Venoxulous Registered Posts: 14
    Options
    sharpy92 said:

How did everyone feel after the exam in February? I am literally counting down the minutes to the results! I feel it's my best attempt (previously failed with 64 then 65% but not getting my hopes up)

Oh 100% sure I'd failed it, but I'm happy to now know what to expect in the exam and can better prepare myself for the second round!

It's good you're feeling positive about your results, I'm sending you the best of luck.
  • gagan
    Options
    I've passed all of my exams exams my first synoptic sitting was very tricky but second one was bit better. I believe my second attempt 60% was from Osborne book and rest from bpp and kaplan so I would suggest anyone who's resitting synoptic should study all publisher thoroughly.
  • gagan
    Options
    @sharpy92 good luck with your results
  • sharpy92
    Options
    gagan said:

I've passed all of my exams exams my first synoptic sitting was very tricky but second one was bit better. I believe my second attempt 60% was from Osborne book and rest from bpp and kaplan so I would suggest anyone who's resitting synoptic should study all publisher thoroughly.

Thankyou! It's very frustrating for me also as I passed everything else first time (this is final exam result before qualifying) I even passed the dreaded MDCL first time last April with 87% so not sure why I cannot seem to pass this one! Fingers crossed.
  • gagan
    Options
    Wow 87% it's hard to achieve in MDCL I'm sure you must have worked really hard. I passed MDCL with 85% but after failing with 69% and 68%
  • gagan
    Options
    I think MDCL is much harder than synoptic
  • CornishPixie
    CornishPixie Registered Posts: 115 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Only one week to go for results - not that I'm counting you understand.
  • Cheesypeesy
    Options
    @CornishPixie tell me about it, this is my final exam and I've been studying CIMA E1 to get a headstart. It'll be pretty rough if I fail! Good luck everyone :)
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
  • Agnes123
    Agnes123 Registered Posts: 40
    Options
    Hello. Anyone had their results yet from Feb sitting?
  • Cheesypeesy
    Options
    @Agnes123 results should be uploaded on Thursday.
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
  • sharpy92
    Options
    I know they won't release early but I still can't help checking every day. I wish they would just put us out of our misery!
  • Lindi
    Options
    @sharpy92 I see where you're coming from, but knowing the way they work I'm surprised they're not making you wait until Tuesday the 3rd! So thank goodness for small mercies I guess, only two more days..... BEST OF LUCK <3
  • Cheesypeesy
    Options
    It's all I've been thinking about recently :# I hope we get the results we want. Then I'll be finished with AAT =)
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
  • CornishPixie
    Options
    It's all I've thought about for weeks now despite know that its a 6 week wait. Like Cheesypeesy, it's my last exam then I'm qualified. I shall be checking from 9.00am on Thursday, even though my results usually arrive around lunchtime - you never know they could be early for a change.
  • sharpy92
    Options
    It's also my last one, had all my other results in 2017 so it's been a long time coming, fingers crossed!!
  • Venoxulous
    Venoxulous Registered Posts: 14
    Options
    It is also my final exam, though I can say with certainty I've failed it so not looking forward to Thursday, at least I now know what to expect, perhaps next time around!

Good luck to everyone!
  • CornishPixie
    Options
    This was my fourth sitting, so I desperately want to get this one done and dusted - totally fed up with it now. Having passed all my other exams with good scores (even 90% on PTax), my past attempts at this one has left me feeling anxious for Thursday. I came out of the September sitting so confident I had passed that I threw all my revision away in the recycling. Needless to say, my new revision pile remains at home - just in case. My questions were so different this last time though - not sure if that's good or bad. I guess I don't have too long to wait to find out.
  • Cheesypeesy
    Options
    A day to go! I'm going loopy from waiting!
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
  • CornishPixie
    Options
    Was this your first time sitting the synoptic Cheesypeesy?
Privacy Policy