AAT Level 4 Synoptic Exam

Options

Comments

• Cheesypeesy
    Cheesypeesy Registered Posts: 101
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Yeah, and I'm hoping it's my last! I think it went fairly well. My only concern is that I might not have referenced the pre-release material enough, but I found it hard to when the questions felt so far removed from it.

This exam is clearly causing people a lot of grief. I hope we all pass tomorrow, though I wouldn't be too shocked if I failed. It's not knowing why I failed that I'd have an issue with.
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
    Currently on CIMA Management Level. Passed P2, F2 and E2. Preparing for November 19 MCS.
  • CornishPixie
    CornishPixie Registered Posts: 115 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Thankfully, with different questions this time round, I was able to make good use of referencing the pre-release. On previous attempts I've not been able to do that at all which was extremely frustrating - so that is a big relief to me. But I have concerns about my answers in Q1 (20 marks) and there was not time to go back and have another look at them.
  • Cheesypeesy
    Options
    To be honest I'm not sure where the pre-release advice came from. Looking at the examiner report they only mention relating your answers to the scenario provided in the task. I'm sure they were fine! Thankfully, my Q1 & Q5 questions seemed quite straightforward, and hope they give me a strong foundation for the rest of the exam.
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
    Currently on CIMA Management Level. Passed P2, F2 and E2. Preparing for November 19 MCS.
  • JoJoMis
    JoJoMis Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I just want this to be over!! Have been checking myAAT since 6 am..
  • lucym96
    lucym96 Registered Posts: 24
    Options
    > @JoJoMis said:
    > I just want this to be over!! Have been checking myAAT since 6 am..

AAT said last week on the level 3 synoptic thread that they won’t be uploaded before business hours, so I wouldn’t start checking until 9am! Good luck everyone :3
  • JoJoMis
    JoJoMis Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I know!! But I can not function before I know the results. I can't wait to sign up to ACCA if all goes well today
  • lucym96
    lucym96 Registered Posts: 24
    Options
    > @JoJoMis said:
    > I know!! But I can not function before I know the results. I can't wait to sign up to ACCA if all goes well today

I’m sure you’ve smashed it!!
  • sharpy92
    sharpy92 Registered Posts: 52
    Options
    I feel physically sick, good luck everyone!
  • Charley1995
    Charley1995 Registered Posts: 16
    Options
    I feel sick too!! Good luck to everyone! Fingers crossed!
  • Agnes123
    Agnes123 Registered Posts: 40
    Options
    > @sharpy92 said:
    > My results are in, finally passed after 3 attempts!!!
    Well done!! Now I’m going to be checking every minute for my results
  • Cheesypeesy
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @sharpy92 Well done! You deserve it after working so hard. So much for results not being available before 9AM!
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
  • CornishPixie
    Options
    I've passed on my fourth attempt - so so relieved that it's over and I'm now qualified!
  • Charley1995
    Charley1995 Registered Posts: 16
    Options
    Ive failled again second time around with an even lower score then the first time i really have no idea where i am going wrong i came out of the exam much more confident second time around and am shocked to have got an even lower score! If anyone has any tips or would be willing to share their revison notes with me that would be much appreciated
  • sharpy92
    sharpy92 Registered Posts: 52
    Options
    Lindi said:

@sharpy92, @MissHermansen and @Cheesypeesy some of us have come a long way and I have been monitoring the forum to see how things have panned out for you, and everyone else. I am over the moon with your passes, well, well, well done all. @sharpy92 I also did not get a merit, only needed another 2% but as time goes on it matters less about the merit and the realisation sets in that you won't have to sit it again. And that is the best feeling ever. Very happy for everyone who passed!! Crack open the Easter champers!!

I am really happy so many people are now confirming they have passed, just a shame it's taken some of us so long. I am just happy I am now qualified!
  • Venoxulous
    Venoxulous Registered Posts: 14
    Options
    It's fantastic to hear about so many favourable results this time around! Congratulations to all that passed, I'm sure you earned it.
  • CornishPixie
    Options
    Don't give up Charley1995. It took me four attempts to get it so it can be done. Are you going to resit at the April sitting?
  • Lindi
    Lindi Registered Posts: 166
    Options

Don't give up Charley1995. It took me four attempts to get it so it can be done. Are you going to resit at the April sitting?

@Charley1995 I second that... seems it doesn't get any less foreign but you have gained so much more experience now, you will get it third time around... hang in there!
  • MissHermansen
    MissHermansen Registered Posts: 103
    Options
    well done all- this is well deserved!! For many of us 3rd or even 4th time around.. If this has thought me anything it is to never give up! Time to celebrate! x
  • Lukesgreen
    Lukesgreen Registered Posts: 6
    edited March 2018
    Options

Ive failled again second time around with an even lower score then the first time i really have no idea where i am going wrong i came out of the exam much more confident second time around and am shocked to have got an even lower score! If anyone has any tips or would be willing to share their revison notes with me that would be much appreciated

Hi Charley1995, have a look at your feedback and focus your revision around the weaker questions, see if there is a pattern?. I was also shocked after my previous attempts, however I knew the material and it must have been down to the way I explained it. Keep answers concise and keep looking at the question to remind you of what it is asking.

Good luck for your next attempt, you WILL get there.
  • Lindi
    Lindi Registered Posts: 166
    Options
    And for what it's worth.... practice the budgeting side... building, analysing, interpreting them.
Privacy Policy