If you could....

Options

Comments

• LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    CJC wrote: »
    Growing up in Cornwall, I never really had a local league team. Argyle being nearest some 60 odd miles away. I've generally picked up teams from the other places I've lived - West Brom being the dearest and longest lasting and I never did warm to Palace in my Sarf London days. Albion and Argyle, yep, some glory hunter I am.

If your 'local' team is 60 miles away, then fair enough, you could be a fan of whatever team you like…..but in London, you have no excuse really… have a favourite top tier team by all means, but supporting another team is just glory hunting...:001_smile:
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    Battersea, eh…..sounds like a Fulham is aslo quite close…. I suppose its just a coincidence that you ended up supporting the more glory covered team….:lol:

Coincidence maybe but i have always supported one team and one team only... i am not about to swap team because someone thinks i follow them because of their triumphs.
    I support them today and would still do if they were relegated to the third division.
    i attend matches and pay my money to watch my team play so not only am i a fan.. i also support my team..
    i am intrigued to find out which team you support and your background battymatty
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    Damn, you type too slow, I have to go to college now, but I'll come back after and let you know who I support....And we'll let the insults flow :laugh:
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Damn, you type too slow, I have to go to college now, but I'll come back after and let you know who I support....And we'll let the insults flow :laugh:

ooh ooh can we do "your mum" insults.. they are my favourite!
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    If your 'local' team is 60 miles away, then fair enough, you could be a fan of whatever team you like…..but in London, you have no excuse really… have a favourite top tier team by all means, but supporting another team is just glory hunting...:001_smile:

Well my local team before I left home was Boston United and after a few seasons in League 2, they're back in Unibond Premier and facing relegation; my new local team is Spalding United (Unibond South) and so on that basis I wish to apply for the > 60miles support-any-team rules and thereby justify my support of Chelsea.

As for lower league loyalties, up the Posh and I hope the Imps get stuffed!:biggrin:
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    SeanyBoy wrote: »
    ooh ooh can we do "your mum" insults.. they are my favourite!

Yeah, we can all do your mum....:laugh:

Your mum is so fat she has her own postcode :lol:

I support Millwall, live 10 minutes away and go every other game....go on then... I dare ya, call me a 'glory hunter'! lol, be the first time in a while since a Millwall fan has been called one of those...
  • AdamR
    Options
    Well done tonight - beating MK Dons helps Peterborough out no end!:thumbup1:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I support Millwall, live 10 minutes away and go every other game....go on then... I dare ya, call me a 'glory hunter'! lol, be the first time in a while since a Millwall fan has been called one of those...
    Which just reminded me, it's time for Danny Baker doing 606.
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    AdamR wrote: »
    Well done tonight - beating MK Dons helps Peterborough out no end!:thumbup1:
    MK Dons still have two games in hand and Millwall one, so it ain't over yet.... But we are running out of away games for us to catch Peterborough....:glare:

Looks like its playoffs for us :thumbup1:

If Millwall don't go up automatically though, I hope Peterborough do...and that MK Dons face Leeds in the playoff semi's so at least one of them won't get to Wembley...
  • AdamR
    Options
    It's a lot better than it was a couple of weeks ago - they were tied and Dons had 3 in hand I think!

Still, there's plenty of time for them to throw it all away!:laugh:
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    Still, there's plenty of time for them to throw it all away!:laugh:

Can't see us getting the automatic place, but we won't throw away the playoffs. Ten games left but the only 'big' team we face is Peterborough, so if we get a result there the gap will be 2 points….Peterborough still have to play Leicester as well, so if they lose and Millwall's results go to the form book….....we'll still be third because the MK f***ing Dons won't lose three!! :001_rolleyes:
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Can't see us getting the automatic place, but we won't throw away the playoffs. Ten games left but the only 'big' team we face is Peterborough, so if we get a result there the gap will be 2 points….Peterborough still have to play Leicester as well, so if they lose and Millwall's results go to the form book….....we'll still be third because the MK f***ing Dons won't lose three!! :001_rolleyes:

WHAT is going on here...I have only been away for the day and the Gang has gone....................where are all those big beefy Gangsters gone!!:lol::lol:
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Diannew wrote: »
    WHAT is going on here...I have only been away for the day and the Gang has gone....................where are all those big beefy Gangsters gone!!:lol::lol:

They've gone all "Football prima-donna-ish" :lol::lol:
  • Diannew
    Options
    They've gone all "Football prima-donna-ish" :lol::lol:

Looks like it its just you an me kid !!!Bonny and Clyde:lol::lol:
  • farmergiles
    Options
    Looks like it its just you an me kid !!!Bonny and Clyde:lol::lol:

Hi Bonny:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:
  • Diannew
    Options

These Young Gangster's......no staying power!! Spit their dummies out as soon as someone insults their football team:lol::lol::lol:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options

Why does laural and hardy spring to mind????
  • Diannew
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »

That's another fine mess you have got me into FG:lol::lol:
  • farmergiles
    Options

That must be you Manchester lot:lol::lol:
  • farmergiles
    Options
    That's another fine mess you have got me into FG:lol::lol:

Thanks, Ollie:lol::lol:and I thought you were Bonny. Make your mind up, girl:001_tt2::001_tt2:
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Where are Adam and Matt and Seany boy?

I worry about these lads. Do you think they are planning an awful gang related incident?

Has that luscious lovely Dianne the Forum Femme Fatale got them in her clutches.

(I was so careful spelling that.....!)
  • Diannew
    Options
    Cullen wrote: »
    Where are Adam and Matt and Seany boy?

I worry about these lads. Do you think they are planning an awful gang related incident?

Has that luscious lovely Dianne the Forum Femme Fatale got them in her clutches.

(I was so careful spelling that.....!)

Alas you have arrived too late.....I am on my way home........to throw some food into the cupboard for the boys....have a goodweekend:lol::lol:
  • AdamR
    Options
    I am here, do not despair! I had a bad week so I've been undercover murdering the fairies but I have returned.

Dianne tried to snare me with her wares but I didn't fall into her trap; I escaped with my life, although only just.

I also nicked her double cheeseburger but don't tell her!
  • AdamR
    Options
    Alas you have arrived too late.....I am on my way home........to throw some food into the cupboard for the boys....have a goodweekend:lol::lol:
    I also nicked her double cheeseburger but don't tell her!

Argh she has returned! She knows about the cheeseburger, she's coming to get me now I know it!:crying:
  • Cullen
    Options
    Oh no,

A cheeseburger related incident.............

(Something to relish!)
  • Diannew
    Options
    Cullen wrote: »
    Oh no,

A cheeseburger related incident.............

(Something to relish!)

Especially with "jalopeno" peppers..............hot hot hot :lol::lol::lol:

As you can see I decided to release the gang members from their captivity...but any more cissy talk about football overtaking important gang related business..and beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:The shakles have not been put away just incase:lol::lol:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Especially with "jalopeno" peppers..............hot hot hot :lol::lol::lol:

As you can see I decided to release the gang members from their captivity...but any more cissy talk about football overtaking important gang related business..and beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:The shakles have not been put away just incase:lol::lol:

:ohmy: HOW RUDE :lol:

Morning dianne you have a nice weekend?
  • Diannew
    Options
    :ohmy: HOW RUDE :lol:

Morning dianne you have a nice weekend?

Yes thank you.

Did you?

It wasn't meant to sound rude.....didn't in my mind:lol::lol:

Went to the Zoo on Saturday....a little bit too cold though...still it was nice.

Sunday spent being spoilt by my two boy's "happy belated mothers day to all those mums on the forum...hope you all had a nice day!!:001_wub:"
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Yes thank you.

Did you?

It wasn't meant to sound rude.....didn't in my mind:lol::lol:

Went to the Zoo on Saturday....a little bit too cold though...still it was nice.

Sunday spent being spoilt by my two boy's "happy belated mothers day to all those mums on the forum...hope you all had a nice day!!:001_wub:"

Aww sounds nice

Yeah mine wasnt to bad didnt do anything special but lounged around watch old movies ate to much and polished off a bottle of wine.
  • Cullen
    Options
    Number 2 son partied heavily on Saturday night came home at 4am and got into bed with both of us. We had hoped he would have grown out of it by now. He is 22. He kept telling us how much he loved us ad nauseum.

Literally ad nauseum.

Luckily he moves like a greyhound out of the trap and we didn't have to rub his nose in any mess to stop him doing it again. Why can't Ceasar Romero, or whatever his name is, be a Numbers 1 and 2 son whisperer?

Why do dogs get all the breaks?

Life is so unfair.........
Privacy Policy