X Factor

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Diannew wrote: »
    I have a sence of humour Lee...........I was in the front of the que when they where given out......not at the back for the brains like .......:001_tt2:

do you dianne................never show it ???:001_tt2::001_tt2:
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    LeeS2009 wrote: »
    what were you doing at the front of the "que"??????

You should have come to the front of the Queue with me, they were giving humour out in spades :lol::lol:

Yea...that makes sence the amount of holes you dig yourself into:lol::lol:
  • Diannew
    mark130273 wrote: »
    do you dianne................never show it ???:001_tt2::001_tt2:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I do...you are just too slow to realise:001_tt2:
  • mark130273
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: I do...you are just too slow to realise:001_tt2:

realise what ??:confused1::lol::lol::lol:
  • Diannew
    realise what ??:confused1::lol::lol::lol:

Duh!!!! that I have a sence of humour...wakey wakey Mark:lol::lol:
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Yea...that makes sence the amount of holes you dig yourself into:lol::lol:

well that just depends on what types of holes your talking about there my lovely doesnt it :lol::lol:
  • mark130273
    Duh!!!! that I have a sence of humour...wakey wakey Mark:lol::lol:

duh yourself i know....think you was slow then !:001_unsure:

hard to be sarcastic in text thou !:001_tt2:
  • Diannew
    duh yourself i know....think you was slow then !:001_unsure:

hard to be sarcastic in text thou !:001_tt2:

Hard to be funny and sacastic for you................:001_tt2:
  • mark130273

well of cause being a scouser then everything hard !!!:001_tt2:
  • LeeS2009

Your a woman aint you? you were born to be sarcastic :lol:
  • mark130273
    Your a woman aint you? you were born to be sarcastic :lol:

ohhhhhhhhhhhh.............:laugh::laugh:
  • Aaron C Rescue
    Aaron C Rescue Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    Don't necessarily agree with the exceptional manager comment, after all success attracts success, and if there is one business about 'who you know' and not what you, it is the music business.

Generally speaking, management, especially music management, (where the outlay can be very expensive, and the returns are not guaranteed) is a risky business, and when UK artists attempt to break into other territories i.e. The States, they almost 100% of the time turn to an America manager specifically to handle that for them, thereby cutting the UK based management out of the action. Some of the time the UK act then drops their UK based manager and simply have the US manager take care of them world wide.

A healthy exception to that practise is the Smallwood-Taylor management team behind Iron Maiden. Formed in 1976, The Santuary Group went on to become the largest independent music management and record company in the UK. Ironically, Sanctuary became, became the management company de rigueur for hard rock acts, who post 80's, fell out of fashion in this country, but who Sanctuary continued to have success with.

And also a healthy exception the 'professional manager' is Bryce Edge and Chris Hufford (Radiohead management). They have been with them from the beginning and they met them because they recorded a demo for the band.

Incidentally a lot of the more successful band managers, are exceptional in their money managing abilities, bands who at some time or other have had accountants/Economics graduates as their managers.
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    Don't necessarily agree with the exceptional manager comment, after all success attracts success, and if there is one business about 'who you know' and not what you, it is the music business.

Generally speaking, management, especially music management, (where the outlay can be very expensive, and the returns are not guaranteed) is a risky business, and when UK artists attempt to break into other territories i.e. The States, they almost 100% of the time turn to an America manager specifically to handle that for them, thereby cutting the UK based management out of the action. Some of the time the UK act then drops their UK based manager and simply have the US manager take care of them world wide.

A healthy exception to that practise is the Smallwood-Taylor management team behind Iron Maiden. Formed in 1976, The Santuary Group went on to become the largest independent music management and record company in the UK. Ironically, Sanctuary became, became the management company de rigueur for hard rock acts, who post 80's, fell out of fashion in this country, but who Sanctuary continued to have success with.

And also a healthy exception the 'professional manager' is Bryce Edge and Chris Hufford (Radiohead management). They have been with them from the beginning and they met them because they recorded a demo for the band.

Incidentally a lot of the more successful band managers, are exceptional in their money managing abilities, bands who at some time or other have had accountants/Economics graduates as their managers.

Took the words right out of my mouth! :lol:
  • mark130273

EXACTLY !:lol:
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    EXACTLY !:lol:

What are you doing on at this time ;)?
  • Diannew

100%

Here you go Lee...something to get your teeth into first thing Monday:lol::lol::001_wub:
  • Diannew
    AK002 wrote: »
    What are you doing on at this time ;)?

What are YOU doing!!!!!:lol:
  • mark130273
    i dont knwo wha i was doing ?
  • LeeS2009
    100%

Here you go Lee...something to get your teeth into first thing MondayQUOTE]

what you bringing me into it for?? nothing to do with me
  • Diannew
    100%

Here you go Lee...something to get your teeth into first thing MondayQUOTE]

what you bringing me into it for?? nothing to do with me

Sorry Lee, my misunderstanding....I thought you had started a debate regarding music artists ect.
  • LeeS2009

Sorry Lee, my misunderstanding....I thought you had started a debate regarding music artists ect.

apology accepted....again!! i should start charging you lol
  • Diannew

apology accepted....again!! i should start charging you lol

No problem just let me know how much.
  • LeeS2009

No problem just let me know how much.

depends what your paying me with
  • Diannew

depends what your paying me with

Money??????? What else?
  • LeeS2009

Money??????? What else?

Mmmm ok i will start charging you a tenner an apology from now on
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    blobbyh wrote: »
    An exceptional manager can often get an average group rich and famous whereas it's not so guaranteed that an average manager could do the same for an exceptional group.

Once again that only reinforces my point rather than countering it. There are many superficially talentless yet millionaire pop stars but many more broke yet excellent musicians thus proving what we have both said that "it's often who you know, not what you know".

Iron Maiden - who were excellent in their early days (saw them in '83) were the cream of the NWOBHM crop from the early 80's but by the late 80's musically fell behind many of the younger but more revolutionary bands they influenced. Then take Ratt and Poison who also enjoyed major success and were pretty much crap but still made fortunes. All had arguably limited talents but excellent management was the difference, keeping Maiden at the top for much longer than maybe they should have been.
  • Diannew

Mmmm ok i will start charging you a tenner an apology from now on

Ok Lee...and what are you going to pay me for all yours
  • mark130273

your telling me that lee still hasnt taken you out for that picnic yet !
  • LeeS2009

fluffy ducks?? lol see blobbyh started it, how could you mistake me for blobbyh!!!!?????????????
  • Diannew

your telling me that lee still hasnt taken you out for that picnic yet !

He shouted at me yesterday for being too excited and told me to calm down Mark...so I am being very good today..........the new me....chilaxed! x
Privacy Policy