Your one stop thread for all things off topic (aka "Study Buddy II")

Options

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    How about an Irish girl living in Wales? Or would that be a forum of one?

Bugga am sure i heard that joke :lol:
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hey, I grew up in Essex to top it all off - people have had a field day with me!!!!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Well, I'm a bit of a mongrel too. German great-grandfather, American grand-father, I was sired out of Nottinghamshire, lived there for first 18 years but been a southerner for twenty four years apart from two years in Birmingham. I speak with a north/south/Brum accent apparently.

You should put me in the Hebrides (but not too close to the sweaties please...)
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I'm not having a good day today.

I found out my colleague paid the Dutch branch of a company instead of the German branch for their work (they are related, but we're talking about a lot of money here) and the company is now going to look into transferring the money internal, but I got to explain this to my manager soon and somehow make sure she knows it's not my mistake, without looking like I'm trying to push the blame away.

Then I tried finding a credit card payment receipt that has been made to one of our stores as the customer came back to them saying they never got the goods and want the money back and of course I can't find it.

Then the weekly payment run is stuck at our FD for signing, but it will be stuck there a while longer, as there is a big meeting going on for about 3 hours, meaning I run out of time.

I got a colleague trying to push me into making a few payments sooner, as she got someone on her back trying to get the money and I can't help but blaming her for giving me the payment details to late, but also can't say that. My manager is aware of this, so I'll probably just forward it to her and let her have a chat again, because by now I feel like biting my colleagues head off, because she has been pushing me for 3 days now and I have told her since Monday already they will go out tomorrow and we really need this time to process the stuff.

So now I'm just looking forward till tomorrow where both colleagues I'm covering for are back from holiday and I can happily dump part of the problems back on them.

Sorry for the rant!
    Can I please please go home now?
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    I'm not having a good day today.

I found out my colleague paid the Dutch branch of a company instead of the German branch for their work (they are related, but we're talking about a lot of money here) and the company is now going to look into transferring the money internal, but I got to explain this to my manager soon and somehow make sure she knows it's not my mistake, without looking like I'm trying to push the blame away.

Then I tried finding a credit card payment receipt that has been made to one of our stores as the customer came back to them saying they never got the goods and want the money back and of course I can't find it.

Then the weekly payment run is stuck at our FD for signing, but it will be stuck there a while longer, as there is a big meeting going on for about 3 hours, meaning I run out of time.

I got a colleague trying to push me into making a few payments sooner, as she got someone on her back trying to get the money and I can't help but blaming her for giving me the payment details to late, but also can't say that. My manager is aware of this, so I'll probably just forward it to her and let her have a chat again, because by now I feel like biting my colleagues head off, because she has been pushing me for 3 days now and I have told her since Monday already they will go out tomorrow and we really need this time to process the stuff.

So now I'm just looking forward till tomorrow where both colleagues I'm covering for are back from holiday and I can happily dump part of the problems back on them.

Sorry for the rant!
    Can I please please go home now?

Awwww Wana Hug??
  • Rinske
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Awwww Wana Hug??
    Hugs always make things better, so I won't say no! :)

I'm just frustrated that I made so much effort in the past 2 weeks to keep up to date, even though it was a month end closure and my colleague was on holiday and I actually almost managed and then today it all goes to pieces.

As I said, sorry for the rant!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Hugs always make things better, so I won't say no! :)

I'm just frustrated that I made so much effort in the past 2 weeks to keep up to date, even though it was a month end closure and my colleague was on holiday and I actually almost managed and then today it all goes to pieces.

As I said, sorry for the rant!

(((Rinske)))

Now i need one having a bit of a headach with my (ex) college i was told i would be able to re-sit exams there also the AAT advised i could, but when i rang the exams department all i got was they dont take external students speak to your tutor???? i am not a student anymore??? but have tried for over two weeks to contact them have left messages and emails but nothing - however a class friend has arranged it already plus i need to arrange extra time grrrr do people know the concepts of telephones and emailes is to answer them
  • Rinske
    Options
    Aww that sounds horribly indeed!

(((((A-Vic)))))
  • blobbyh
    Options
    ((((((((("gay"))))))))))
  • A-Vic
    Options
    lol and after a 2 min convo with Kaplan all problems sorted can sit it there and they have given me directions for applying for extra time. What a really nice and helpful woman she was.

Ammm poor robert feels left out ((((((robert)))))0((((( think he needed extra lolol
  • Rinske
    Options
    You're just trying to scare him off with too much loving hugs now....

Really glad it all worked out so far! So now it's just waiting to see how much extra time they give you?
  • A-Vic
    Options
    You're just trying to scare him off with too much loving hugs now....

Really glad it all worked out so far! So now it's just waiting to see how much extra time they give you?

Nar hes a pussy cat really :lol:

Just gonna wait to get to the doctors and get a letter from them and see
  • Rinske
    Options
    Fingers crossed you get enough extra time to do it all at leisure pace.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Am I the only person who smirked at the title of [thread=28238]this thread[/thread] (with apologies to the OP for my juvenile sense of humour)?
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    god I'm slow took me ages to get what you meant!
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Love it ........ I mean ......... ummmm.......... well, what I actually mean is that I can appreciate your sense of humour Chris!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Rinske
    Options
    Did you all eat loads of cake this morning?

I so far had a piece of fruitcake, a chocolate chip muffing, and taking two angelcakes home for tonight!

For those wondering what I'm on about:
    http://coffee.macmillan.org.uk/Home.aspx
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    we have got the big curry coming up soon which is quite cool as an army curry is yummy

Tracy
  • Rinske
    Options
    Oooh that sounds good too!
    Do you think I can join in and help eating the curry as well as having more cakes today?
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I need curry and cake.

We've just switched over to Digita from VT and it's doing my head in! I know it's a learning curve but something that would have taken me 20 minutes has taken me 2 hours so far and I'm only half way through. ARGH!!!!!!!

That's better. Just needed to vent a little :)
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I need curry and cake.

We've just switched over to Digita from VT and it's doing my head in! I know it's a learning curve but something that would have taken me 20 minutes has taken me 2 hours so far and I'm only half way through. ARGH!!!!!!!

That's better. Just needed to vent a little :)

Doesn't sound like it's saving you any time at all ....... is this progress?????

I suppose it's a case of getting records transferred over and then next year it'll be plain sailing .... I do hope for you!!!!!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Rinske
    Options
    Quick question from me, do you have a cleaner and how much do you pay them for it, and is it worth it?

I'm considering a cleaner, as both me and my boyfriend work full time and study, and before I had this habit of doing it quickly on the Sunday morning, but with our current flat, it just can't be done quick anymore. (It's only a three bedroom flat, but it seems to be constantly humid and moldy, even midsummer). So now I'm fed up with trying to keep up and was thinking about paying for a cleaner.

ny suggestions, ideas or experiences?
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    AnnieM it's a learning curve and will be quicker in the long run.
    The accounts production is slightly more long winded, but the tax software is brilliant and more than makes up for it.

Rinske, I did for a short while and it was good, but at the same time there are always things you have to do yourself.
    My parents did for about 10 years and they loved it. I guess you can only try it, see if you feel it's good value for money, and make a decision from there.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i used to have a cleaner, but then i found that i was cleaning the night before for her :(

it was nice at the beginning as it was novel and new, and lovely not to have to do the nasty stuff as she used to do all that for me. But then things started to get broken and she would get her cousin in to clean as she got bubbled by the authorities, it was a messy situation.

i have been thinking about hiring someone again, but not sure if it is worth the hassle. my girls are the messiest in the world, cant think who they get it from (whistles to herself) and i think half the battle in our house is all their crap. it is endless.

sorry went off in a bit of a tangent there.

i used to pay โ‚ฌ10 per hour, which is a lot of money (about ยฃ8 and hour) and i am not sure she was worth the hassle and the mad run the night before

Tracy
  • A-Vic
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    i used to have a cleaner, but then i found that i was cleaning the night before for her

it was nice at the beginning as it was novel and new, and lovely not to have to do the nasty stuff as she used to do all that for me. But then things started to get broken and she would get her cousin in to clean as she got bubbled by the authorities, it was a messy situation.

i have been thinking about hiring someone again, but not sure if it is worth the hassle. my girls are the messiest in the world, cant think who they get it from (whistles to herself) and i think half the battle in our house is all their crap. it is endless.

sorry went off in a bit of a tangent there.

i used to pay โ‚ฌ10 per hour, which is a lot of money (about ยฃ8 and hour) and i am not sure she was worth the hassle and the mad run the night before

Tracy

You made me smile there and brought back memories my mum used to be the exact same she had a home help come in 4 times a week (due to illness) but always the night before she would be up till all hours cleaning (with there been 7 of us) and the next day when the homehelp came they would spend most of the day sat having coffee :)
  • Rinske
    Options
    Just a quick apology from me. My email account was hacked and some spam was send from it today.

Anyways, I got home and it should be solved now. But to anyone who received spam. I'm sorry!

It was the first time since I have this email address (about 10 to 12 years now), but feel terrible annoyed about it anyways!
  • JayneHogan
    JayneHogan Registered Posts: 697 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hello.
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi Jayne, haven't seen you for a while, how's it going?
  • blobbyh
    Options
    .. both me and my boyfriend... had this habit of doing it quickly on the Sunday morning, but... it just can't be done quick anymore.

I love to abuse this edit function...
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Speaking from experience Robert, now you have hit 43?
Privacy Policy