Management Accounting: Decision and Control (AQ2016) Exam

Options

Comments

• NatalieSarantos
    NatalieSarantos Registered Posts: 150
    Options
    @Irrorate what else did they say about this exam in the conference?
  • GeorgiaH
    GeorgiaH Registered Posts: 107
    Options
    Alicia84 said:

I dont know what percentage I got but know i got below requirement on the cash flow on question 1 and below requirement on the second written task which is pretty much how I thought it went. I'm resisting it 8th June. I was gutted to as studied so hard. I was sure I was fine on cash flows and spent so long studying statement of financial position as that's what I struggled with then in the exam poof it went out my head. I'm sure if I'd got a SOFP I would've passed! Hopefully get that one the resit lol . You can eijther do the project if you're on AQ2013 like I am or you can transfer to the new syllabus once you've completed all the other L4s and do the synoptic. I was going to do the synoptic but changed my mind after reading all the comments on here x

Oh maybe you can't check because its on 2013 syllabus? My level 2 & 3 just say competent but now because it is 2016 I get the percentage result. Yes i was exact same. I really studied the consolidated and SOFP becasue they were the ones i struggled with and i never got any of them on the exam :dissapointed: Ohh yes synoptic sounds horrible i have mine on the 18th may.x
  • Irrorate
    Irrorate Registered Posts: 139
    Options
    I wasn't actually there so passing on info as I hear it but AAT's Director of Education opened with an apology to all training providers, teachers & students for the issues with the MDCL exam and admitted the expectation for the exam was higher than that of AQ2013's Financial Performance so did confirm that the uplift in percentage will remain whilst this set of questions are sat.
  • summerbelle86
    summerbelle86 Registered Posts: 11
    Options
    Yalda20 said:

Hi all,

I have just found out that percentage uplift for MADC will only apply to students who has taken the exam between September 2016 and 23 March. Also, not everyone will get the same percentage which I think is really unfair. I took my exam on the 25th April so will not get the uplift :( thank you

@Yalda20 I took my exam on 27th March and the uplift was applied to my result. So it should be applied to yours too!
  • Alicia84
    Alicia84 Registered Posts: 46
    Options
    @GeorgiaH maybe. Could you let me know what it's like and what sort of question they ask? I personally thought the synoptic sounded like a better option but not sure now lol. Good luck x
  • ted_holmes
    ted_holmes Registered Posts: 14
    Options

@ted_holmes based on the exam I got I don't think this is the case (took mine on Monday), least I hope for my sake it isn't :sweat_smile: I think AAT are just monitoring results at the moment to see what changes need to be made.

seems a bit unfair on yourself, and others in your shoes, to be treated like guinea pigs.
  • Cheesypeesy
    Cheesypeesy Registered Posts: 101
    Options
    @ted_holmes Yeah it's not great, but I guess AAT can't make any big changes until they've thoroughly looked into the situation. Hopefully this will be resolved sooner rather than later.
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
    Currently on CIMA Management Level. Passed P2, F2 and E2. Preparing for November 19 MCS.
  • GeorgiaH
    GeorgiaH Registered Posts: 107
    Options
    Alicia84 said:

@GeorgiaH maybe. Could you let me know what it's like and what sort of question they ask? I personally thought the synoptic sounded like a better option but not sure now lol. Good luck x

Yes i will let you know. Hopefully goes good! Thank you x
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    @Irrorate that's something at least. They've really messed this module up and a lot of people (including myself) have lost faith in them, so it's nice to know they've genuinely acknowledged it.
  • Yalda20
    Yalda20 Registered Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi guys,
    My friend said to me about my message above. I am scared because I would like AAT to also apply the uplift to my grades as well. My friend failed the exam and I think her tutor advised that not everyone will get the same percentage increase. I am not sure I understand how would AAT apply one percentage to one student and a different percentage to another. Is that fair? Good luck to all of you who are waiting for your results
  • Irrorate
    Irrorate Registered Posts: 139
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The percentage uplift does differ (I don't believe it's a flat 10% across the board). From what I've read in this thread so far, anyone under 70% has had a 10% uplift but I read a couple that went from maybe 75% to 83%. As I understand it, they are only applying the uplift to the 1 or 2 questions that AAT believe are unfairly written so if you smash those questions with full marks then you won't see an uplift as the other questions are fair.

That's my understanding anyway...
    busydays said:

Mine has just gone up from 85% to 91%, so not as much as some of yours but I'm still very pleased!

• Cheesypeesy
    Cheesypeesy Registered Posts: 101
    Options
    @Irrorate oh man, I was hoping to go from 100% to 110% :lol:
    Matthew Dearlove MAAT
    Currently on CIMA Management Level. Passed P2, F2 and E2. Preparing for November 19 MCS.
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    Did anyone get their synoptic results today?
  • SueFW
    SueFW Registered Posts: 84
    Options
    Yes 69% and most of our group failed not happy another exam with a mass failure and another resit for me next week not happy
  • lannieloo
    lannieloo Registered Posts: 95
    Options
    Failed!!! 68% for me! 69% for my friend and the other 2 who sat it got 72%! All 4 of us usually get in the high 80 to 90% marks! I personally think this was worse than decision and control which also left me traumatised!!
  • AbbyCarr
    AbbyCarr Registered Posts: 157
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My confidence is almost overflowing....Oh dear
  • lannieloo
    Options
    It's ridiculous!!!
  • NatalieSarantos
    Options
    I'm literally on the verge of delaying the exam. Are they mad?? If I wanted ACCA level exam, I would have gone directly to the ACCA!! Horrid honestly. I have no faith in the AAT!
  • CharlotteSylvia
    CharlotteSylvia Registered Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm taking my Synoptic assessment on the 18th May and I'm really not looking forward to it. Looks like I'll be doing a lot of cramming over this weekend!
  • marialucas
    marialucas Registered Posts: 49
    Options
    Got the exam next Thursday too and thinking how much need to do and that it might not be worth it.. :(
  • lannieloo
    Options
    It's a joke!! I just remember the questions were worded as bad as decision and control and thinking what do they want from me!! My dialema is cramming for a resit next week or waiting till July!!
  • AbbyCarr
    Options
    @lannieloo That's how I found the sample assessments. They were so ambiguous as to what they were wanting you to answer with.
  • lannieloo
    Options
    Absolutely! You stand a chance if you understand the question!
    Unfortunately I just think we are guinea pigs and it's not fair!
    I really worry about how many students will be able to pass this course! Perhaps they just want our appeal and resit fees!!
  • SueFW
    Options
    I am absolutely distraught my nerves are shattered and I'm struggling to carry on. I've studied hard for all my exams and with the MDCL fiasco totally shattering my confidence, I've now been dealt another blow by failing the synoptic by 1 mark and I'm dreading the 3 hour resit on Thursday. I feel sorry for everyone who has failed x
  • lannieloo
    Options
    I feel exactly the same @sueFW how can they repeat the same fiasco?!!
  • SueFW
    Options
    @lannieloo I have lost complete respect and faith in AAT as they have messed up the introduction of the new syllabus. Not only was MDCL causing a disadvantage and was pitched at the wrong level.it took 2 reviews for them to acknowledge it. Now we seem to have the same problem with the synoptic! It is terrible and unacceptable to those students who study hard x
  • lannieloo
    Options
    I just don't know what to do... if it was personal tax for example I would study study study personal tax however the questions in the exam were so pot luck And worded so badly I remember when I was doing it thinking how could I have revised for this? Do I chance it next week? Pay for a remark? Wait and hope it gets reviewed or wait till the July sitting?
    It's a bit harsh considering this is replacing a project which you could even get outside help with!
    I'm so confused what to do!
  • SueFW
    Options
    @lannieloo I know I wanted to appeal but my tutor seemed to think it probably wouldn't do anything as I'd wait another 20 days for my result to be checked and I could end up in the same place I am now. I think AAT are renowned for upholding the original mark! I was advised to retake next week, but I am so upset for the sake of 1 mark I have to do the whole 3 hour exam again. Like you I would have preferred the project as you said you could research it and submit drafts and it wasn't a time pressured exam where you are trying to work out ambiguous questions!
  • SueFW
    Options
    It would be interesting to know if anyone has ever appealed and had their marks changed?
  • AbbyCarr
    Options
    I've revised based upon topics that could come up, but I don't feel a lot of the questions fit a topic.
    Has anyone made a complaint to the AAT? I think it's important that anyone who feels like they've lost out should speak out and hopefully it gets rectified sooner rather than later.
    I thought at the start, the synoptic would really just challenge you to remember the past 3 exams with a bit of this other syllabus in. Like a SOFP, a flexed budget, a Variance question etc! And some written questions thrown in. But it's just nothing what I expected.
Privacy Policy