Phew! ECR done

Options

Comments

• t2000becky
    t2000becky Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    AK002 wrote: »
    Supposed to times it by 12 aren't you?

25/200 * 12 = 1.5 months & the 2 years = 2 years & 1.5 months, which i rounded to 2 years 2 months?

not sure, my tutor always said you could either put (example) 5.5years or 5years 2 months (obviously i just made those figures up) but i never bothered learning how to convert it to years and months becuase he said it was ok to leave as 5.5 years or whatever, hope he is right!!!
  • goodyuk
    goodyuk Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Ant wrote: »
    2 years 1 month also

2.125 years I put :laugh: i can never convert it back to months.... does that matter?
  • lilgem1986
    lilgem1986 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I cocked up on the normal/abnormal loss question - completely had a mind blank!! hope we get marks for trying. also put avco for 1st question which i now know is wrong, but still filled out the cost card. hopin i get some marks for doing that. ooh im nervous!!:crying:
  • Pinkjo
    Pinkjo Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Emma.B10 wrote: »
    What did everyone have for their NPV on the last question??

£39kish - can't remember exact figures!
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    cdsp1980 wrote: »
    have faith ! at least I now know I am not the only one

i took the 50off and then divided it into 12 to get what it paid back each month and then it was 8 months that year...you did have to take the 50 off didnt you as you didnt get that untilo it was sold at the end ot year??!!! im confusd....
  • Cyfarthfa
    Cyfarthfa Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Does anyone know how much you will get marked down for using £'s instead of pennies and vice versa?
  • Emma.B10
    Emma.B10 Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    LIFO for me...really gutted about that!! I knew it was wrong as soon as I left....out of my class we have 3 people who have written AVCO 3 LIFO and 3 FIFO!! Oh Dear!!
  • t2000becky
    Options
    goodyuk wrote: »
    2.125 years I put :laugh: i can never convert it back to months.... does that matter?

good, someone else did it my way! lol
  • Emma.B10
    Options
    Pinkjo wrote: »
    £39kish - can't remember exact figures!
    yea, i think i had 3 something....think i messed the rounding tho...£000 to 2 decimal places I think!
  • crse2006
    crse2006 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I got 22000 underabsorbed as well

under aborsorbed credit i thought as its debit in p+l?
  • goodyuk
    Options
    t2000becky wrote: »
    good, someone else did it my way! lol

thank god someone else put that too
  • cdsp1980
    cdsp1980 Registered Posts: 22 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I had 39k as well. For the years and months took the first 2 years, which didn't cover the initial 400 expenses, then took the rest, divided by 12 which gave the amount per month, then divided the amount still needed to get to get to 400 by the above, which gave me 8.46 months.
  • crse2006
    crse2006 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    rachy1975 wrote: »
    i took the 50off and then divided it into 12 to get what it paid back each month and then it was 8 months that year...you did have to take the 50 off didnt you as you didnt get that untilo it was sold at the end ot year??!!! im confusd....

you need 2 years then 25/200=.125 then .125*12=1.5 months which i put 1.5 month as didn't know weather to round up or down lmao
  • t2000becky
    Options
    crse2006 wrote: »
    under aborsorbed credit i thought as its debit in p+l?

well i knew it was a debit to p and l as you increase expenses to decrease profit so if you think of it as a t account it would be carried down as a debit to p and l....
  • t2000becky
    Options
    did anyone else convert their answer to the wages divided by cans produced into pence?
  • t2000becky
    Options
    and does anyone else write it all in pencil and then spend most of the exam rubbing it all out and writing it up in pen...lol just me??
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I put FIFO for 1st question (after crossing out LIFO), put semi fixed (crossed out semi variable argggggggghhh) and stepped costs and cant remember the rest of the stuff. Mind is now even more boggled after reading everyone elses answers.:001_rolleyes:
  • CJC77
    CJC77 Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    And I used Lifo instead of Fifo in the first question !!! As well as not knowing the first graph was for variable costs ! I just bunged down direct ! I knew the second one though

I believe the fst graph was a semi variable - not variable - It started part way up the left hand side which to me indicates that there is a level of fixed cost before the variable kicks in
  • cdsp1980
    Options
    did anyone else convert their answer to the wages divided by cans produced into pence?
    yeah, the costs were to be per pence I think it was 7p, 3p and 6por smmi tlike that, then at the bottom for the total contribution, profit etc... it was to be in £, hence £500000, but now I think that should have been pence, bugger !
  • Emma.B10
    Options
    yes, me too!! Best of luck for Wednesday is all I can say now!!
  • CJC77
    CJC77 Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I went for FIFO. I had a complete block on what the alternative was for the overtime payment? What did everyone else put?

The overtime on the question was charged as a direct cost - other type of cost it can be charged to is an indirect cost......?
  • goodyuk
    Options
    Eoq

did everyone put Economic Order Quantity as their answer for deciding if 70 was a good order value for the company on the basis that it finds the optimum order levels?
  • debihargrave
    debihargrave Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    yes i got that too
  • goodyuk
    Options
    CJC77 wrote: »
    The overtime on the question was charged as a direct cost - other type of cost it can be charged to is an indirect cost......?

I put overhead...... dunno if that was enough???
  • cdsp1980
    Options
    yeah, the costs were to be per pence I think it was 7p, 3p and 6por smmi tlike that, then at the bottom for the total contribution, profit etc... it was to be in £, hence £500000, but now I think that should have been pence, bugger !
    I meant 500000p which should then have been £50000. And this was the exam I was most comfortable with, and sh........ myself over wednesdays
  • t2000becky
    Options

i mean the question which was direct labour divided by the cans of tomato soup produced - £4130/200000, came out as 0.02065 and it asked for it in pence so it should be 2.065 pence
  • Mog17
    Mog17 Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options

no no you're right. All the top bit was in pence then below the units of sales was in £ - just to be really confusing!
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    goodyuk wrote: »
    did everyone put Economic Order Quantity as their answer for deciding if 70 was a good order value for the company on the basis that it finds the optimum order levels?

yep i did...and put the formula down....
  • Pinkjo
    Pinkjo Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    i mean the question which was direct labour divided by the cans of tomato soup produced - £4130/200000, came out as 0.02065 and it asked for it in pence so it should be 2.065 pence

That's what I put
  • cdsp1980
    Options
    yes, that's what I did
Privacy Policy